Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Vacuum advice!!!

Ok... My vacuum is dying. My vacuum is trying hard to keep up with our daily vacuuming needs, even though it gives a good effort, it sounds like the motor is going to explode into flames any second. Brad took it apart and it is the motor. I am trying to figure out what to do with it. Should I take it to a repair shop? Should I scrap it and get a new one? If I do get a new one, which one should I get? There are a few things I need in a vacuum. 1. Great suction. I have 2 dogs! 2. It needs to be good for stairs. 3. It needs to have good tools for baseboards and corners. and 4. I would like it to be somewhat quiet. I get migraines and if I have to vacuum every day with a crazy loud vacuum....I just want to pull my head off! Ok.... So give me your advice! Do you have any good ideas?

4 comments:

THE ADAMS said...

Hire a maid. Oh wait you have one, his name is Nick! :-)

Clarissa Jane said...

i love my oreck! best thing that ever happened to me -- in the form of a vacuum, that is.
ah, just get a dyson -- pretty much the bomb.

LOVE YOU!!

SchraderFamily said...

Amy, we have the Eureka Boss, and I really like it. When we first got married we bought a bagless vacuum and never really liked it, especially since Michael emptied it once and accidently threw away the filter. It was one of those promotional vacuums and we couldn't find a replacement part. We looked and looked and spent time and money and it was totally NOT worth it. Just get a new one, and I know that they might be expensive, but it's worth buying a good one. It's an investment. I like the traditional bagged vacuumes, they have better suction and they last longer. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do. Tell Brad and the kids we love them! Love you too.
~Brit

Unknown said...

Try the Hoover Whisper available at Walmart for $100. It's a Dyson clone (multi level cyclonic), so it's supposed to never loose suction.
Supposed to be quiet. Good reviews. Doesn't have a lot of tools, but it looks like the tools from our old vac (older Hoover windtunnel) will fit.